Our website pages are designed so that you can change the style, size and colour of the font used, as well as the background colour. If you wish to do so, please see the guides below.
Customise settings in:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Low Vision Support
- Keyboard Access
- Touch Access
- Assistive Technology Support
- Have problems seeing the screen
- Find it difficult to use the mouse or keyboard
- Need help with language or reading websites
then we recommend you visit the BBC website My Web My Way, which provides advice on how to make your computer easier to use, whether you are a Windows, Mac or Linux user.
Accessible Information Standards
The Accessible Information Standard tells organisations how they should make sure that disabled patients receive information in formats that they can understand and receive appropriate support to help them to communicate. All organisations that provide NHS or adult social care must follow the Accessible Information Standard by law. These standard include making sure that people get information in different formats if they need it, such as: large print, braille, easy read, email etc.
Further information can be found on NHS England’s website at: www.england.nhs.uk/
Please let the surgery know if you require any communication or information support needs.
We will provide an advocate if you require one.
At Newbridge Surgery we will:
- Ask if you have any information or communication needs, and find out how to meet your needs. We will do this on the registration form when you join the practice. There will also be information on the patient TV screen in the waiting area
- Record your needs on the electronic patient record (called SystmOne)
- Flag in the electronic patient record, so it is clear that you have information or communication needs and how you wish us to meet your needs
- Share information about your needs with other providers who we refer you to so that they can also communicate effectively with you
- Act to make sure that you receive your information in an accessible way and we will provide communication support if you need it.
We will provide a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter or an advocate if you require one.
If English is not your first language, a telephone interpretation service can be used.