We are proud to be members of the Bath Dementia Action Alliance and as such have trained our staff to be Dementia Friends. We hope this will help us to understand the challenges facing patients and their families with dementia.
The DAA have produced a useful guide of local services for people living with dementia, their carer’s, families and friends and can be seen here:
Covering everything from activities, befriending, financial and legal services to transportation it is an essential guide.
We also have hard copies in the surgery should you find this more suitable.
The RUH also have a Memory Technology Gallery, which is an information and demonstration service showcasing products designed for people living with dementia. To book an appointment contact Claire Raven, Dementia Technology Administrator.
T: 07798 676994
Worried About Your Memory?
If you are worried about your memory your GP will be happy to review this in an appointment. It may be useful to bring a family member with you.
Why should you attend an assessment for a possible diagnosis of dementia?
- Because you may not have dementia and an assessment would consider other possible causes of your symptoms.
- Once diagnosed you may be entitled to a whole range of financial help including Council Tax discount/attendance and carer’s allowance.
- You will be able to obtain access to the right support which could include attending suitable social groups and activities.
- You may be entitled to a variety of dementia support workers.
- You will be entitled to a bus travel assistance wallet which may help you travel on public transport, and help promote your independence.
- You may have access to specialist treatment and also be entitled to free flu vaccinations.
- Your carer or spouse will also have access to a range of support and guidance.
- You will have access to technical equipment to aid independent living.
- You will be entitled to an Annual Health Care Review (provided by your GP at the surgery).
- Obtaining a diagnosis empowers you to take control of your life and to know what is happening to you and plan for the future.